Master CNC Machinist
We are seeking an experienced Master Machinist to run all aspects of a brand new machining center, geared towards rapid R&D prototyping along with keeping a production line filled with parts. Machining and programming experience on CNC Mills & Lathes is required. The Senior Master Machinist will also be responsible for taking the lead on projects and working with our Engineering Staff to perfect and manufacture prototypes. Must be able to work from detailed blueprints and work independently from inception to completion. Must be a team player to achieve company goals.
- Mastery of CNC machine setup for Multi-axis Mills, with extensive experience in additional high-level machining practices. Router experience a huge plus.
- Calculate and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media according to established guidelines and procedures
- Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Programs mills and lathes by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs
- Measures, marks, and scribe’s dimensions and reference points on material or work-piece as guides for subsequent machining as necessary
- Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines as necessary to machine parts as required
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls or control media as required
- Create and test prototypes, and fixture for production runs
- Confers with engineers, production personnel, programmers, or others to resolve machining or assembly problems
- Verifies conformance of finished work-piece to specifications, using measuring and inspection tools as necessary
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Understanding of BOM's and Routers
- In charge of procurement of all necessary tools and equipment, keeping in mind the budget and proper accounting practices
Skills & Experience
- Minimum of an Associates Degree in Applied Science (AAS) in Industrial Manufacturing Engineering Technology or three (3) years experience in CNC Programming or five (5) years experience in equivalent field.
- Must have knowledge of manual machine shop equipment Milling, engine lathes and surface grinding machines
- Must have working knowledge in Master Cam, FeatureCAM or similar program
- Must be self-motivated and work with minimum supervision for all aspects of the machine shop.
- Must follow and practice all safety rules and regulations. Must have knowledge of Manual Machine Shop equipment and/or CNC equipment.
- AutoCAD and SolidWorks experience is a plus
- Familiar with Parlec Tool-setter and Renishaw probe a plus
- Must have knowledge and understanding of different raw materials and the ability to select and apply tool cutting geometrically in their specific applications
- Ability and insight to identify and communicate cost reductions
- Must be available for overtime as required
Dental, Vision, Medical
Must be available to work on-premises in beautiful Santa Rosa, California.
Ideal candidate can start ASAP.
Ask a Question · Get Started
Please contact us to get the process started.
Stay Up to Date with The Industry
Subscribe to get breaking news and knowledge on craft extraction.