We are looking for a highly skilled materials manager to join our team. This role is responsible for developing policies and processes in support of the purchase of manufacturing and R&D equipment. This position requires high-level organizational skills to support and perform time sensitive processes. Applicant must be able to effectively navigate constant production/forecast changes and communicate effectively with vendors, customers and internal staff members.
- Manage all key aspects of sourcing, material control, forecasting, and negotiations with external suppliers following established purchasing strategies, budget guidelines, technical specifications as well as supply chain requirement
- Identify, develop and manage effective relationships with existing and potential suppliers of goods and services to meet the established cost, quality and delivery targets.
- Manage complex contractual agreements;negotiate terms, expiration dates etc
- Collaborate with senior management within manufacturing, engineering, fabrication and finance to support successful launches of new products and drive continuous improvements in existing business
- Establish supplier performance criteria and conduct annual supplier reviews, track and improve supplier performance
- Coordinate and work with quality, engineering, inventory, shipping/receiving, machining and assembly operations to ensure 100% on-time delivery by monitoring established schedules to proactively identify and address sourcing issues.
- Use Quickbooks Enterprise to maintain and update a correct count of inventory
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Significant understanding and work experience in equipment manufacturing, purchasing, inventory control,logistics, and supply chain
- Proven experience in data mining, analysis, and reporting
- Proficient understanding of all levels of the supply chain processes (e.g. inventory planning, warehouse management, shipping/receiving)
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office,Quickbooks Enterprise, relational databases, ERP systems (e.g. SAP), MRP systems, ECO systems, Inventory management systems etc.
- Analytical mindset coupled with a strong business acumen
- Aptitude for problem solving and troubleshooting
- Excellent attention to detail
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Outstanding organizational and management skills
Dental, Vision, Medical
Must be available to work on-premises in beautiful Santa Rosa, California.
Ideal candidate can start ASAP.
Ask a Question · Get Started
Please contact us to get the process started.
Stay Up to Date with The Industry
Subscribe to get breaking news and knowledge on craft extraction.